- About Us
- Work With Us
Gallery of Aerial Photography ~ Cornwall & The Isles of Scilly
Green Island, St. Agnes ~ Framed & Mounted Print
*Size indicates the dimensions of the mounted image, excluding frame.
The Story: This shot was taken as the sun appeared from under the rain clouds, just before sunset, on an unsettled night in July 21.
Which rock is Green Island? If you go by the OS Map then Green Island is one of the large rocks in the background of this shot. However, like many places, historical maps and contemporary usage differ: and when St. Agnes locals talk about Green Island today then they mean the rock on the foreground.
In calmer seas it seems to be a rite of passage for St. Agnes kids to climb Green Island and jump off the top into the sea.
I love the contrast between the sunset colours reflecting off the rocks and the dark sky.
Photographer: Jamie Turnbull
This picture is also available as a:
This image can also be printed in black and white. Please contact us if you wish to purchase a black and white version.
- Sizing: Size indicates the dimensions of the image and mount, excluding frame. Mount size is proportionate to glass size (mount sizes are: 12"x16" and above = 2"; 11"x15" and below = 1.5"; and 10"x10" and below = 1"). For example, a mounted 20"x24" picture will contain a 16"x20" print with a 2" mount around it.
- Printing: A Giclée print.
Mounting: A simple and elegantly designed off-white mount, that will not discolour or fade with age. Mounts are “conservation grade”, FSC certified, and 100% acid free.
- Framing: Handmade by specialist picture framers. Framed in FSC certified high-quality wood, milled with simple clean lines and presented with a satin finish. Available in a choice of colours: black, white, or natural.
- Hanging: Framed prints are delivered ready to hang on your wall.
- Environmental: Where possible, ecological (water based) inks are used. Wooden frames are sustainably sourced from FSC approved suppliers. Pictures are produced at the manufacturing partner closest to you, which reduces transport carbon emissions.
- Manufacture: Printing and framing is done by our manufacturing partner network in your closest area, be that: the UK, Europe, USA, Australia and New Zealand. All pictures are printed, framed, and packaged to a consistent standard. Picture frames are handmade by specialist framers. Please allow 2 working days for your order to be made.
- Delivery: We offer free worldwide delivery. UK Customers: please allow 5 working days for your order to be delivered. Rest of World: please allow 10 working days for your order to be delivered.